Friday, September 4, 2009

Putting a Face on History

Here is an awesome website I found. We are studying World War II and I came across this and wanted to share. There is so much great information!!!! There are so many links, you will surely get lost in all of the information.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwtwo/
We are also reading Number the Stars by Lois Lowry and then we will read the Diary of Anne Frank which are books that cover life during this time period.

Another good book I would love for my boys to read, and sadly, most of them are by or about girls...is ISBN 1561451932...Eleanors Story, and American Girl in Hitlers Germany by Eleanor Ramrath Garner.
http://www.amazon.com/Eleanors-Story-American-Hitlers-Germany/dp/1561451932/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1252097890&sr=8-1#reader

I think reading about history is fun, but reading about someone's story in history can help make it more interesting to children. The Dear American and My America Series comes to mind.
Of course, when you read fictional history books, you need to make sure and still go over the facts of the subject.

No comments: