Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chew your food!


Back in the 70's, when I was a child, my grandmother had a magazine with Suzanne Somers on the cover of it. Well, she was just the most beautiful person in the world to me then (and don't get me wrong, she is still very pretty, I only hope to age as well as her)....anway, I opened up the magazine and there was an article asking her how she stays so thin. She said, she chews her food. If I remember correctly, she mentioned that she chewed it, umteen times...I forget how many exactly, but she said by chewing her food very well, she was able to tell when she was full, when she was full, not when she had over eaten. Plus, you are not getting the great taste of it. Chew those favorite treats well, you eat less of them, and be able to savor the taste while eating them.
I got an email from sparks people* (http://www.sparkpeople.com/) the other day about chewing your food and enjoying it. Most people inhale their food, which is not good for your digestive system and also, you are eating more than you should.
*Sparks people is a great site for weight control...it's free, you can sign up for motivational emails, keep track of exercise you do daily, keep a food diary online, and make your own page, simliar to myspace, but to chat with other's looking to control their weight.
My favorite place to get calorie counts for my food journal (which I find easier to hand write in a notebook, rather than logging online for keeping a food journal) is...
http://www.calorieking.com/ as recommended by Jillian Michaels.


No comments: