Monday, November 24, 2008

Homemade Christmas

This is posted on my other blog, but I wanted to post it here for those who do not read my other blog.




This year, we are financially strapped, as most people in the world seem to be these days. I refuse to put Christmas on a credit card. That is not what Christmas is and I dont' want to have to pay for it later.
Some of the greatest gifts I ever recieved were homemade.

My step mother made me a book with school papers from my childhood. I still have this and cherish it. She also made me a recipe book, which I still have and remember it came from her.

My mom made me a card box out of wood with real cards decoupage on the front and cards inside for my game collection. I still have them and although these gifts were a long time ago....I still remember who made them for me. I pick them up and think of them every time I see them. I cant' say I remember what I got from someone who store bought me something 10 years ago, but I remember those homemade/handmade gifts. I think the thought and the care put into making them made them very special and memorable.

I have some really terrific ideas for homemade gifts, but unfortunately, I cannot post them here until after Christmas. Those on the recieving end may read this blog post.

If you are interested, please, provide your email addie and I will share them with you.

No comments: