Friday, November 7, 2008




A friend asked me to share the easy casserole I make and since I was sharing, I figured I would share this on the blog for future reference.

My boys have their friends sleeping over all the time, seems like I have a house full of kids every other weekend sometimes every weekend.
...I love to make casserole type breakfasts so I don't have to slave over the stove all morning...

Breakfast Casserole
I make this all the time for when the boys have friends over .
My short cut is, I buy frozen cooked sausage from schwanns and cooked bacon pieces (real bacon) from sams and freeze it, you can grab what you need right out of the bag and put it back in the freezer...saves so much time in the kitchen, not to mention electric to cook bacon and sausage.
in a lasagna size pan or stone in order....
1 bag of shredded hash brown potatoes (I use giant generic brand)bacon and sausage (I buy it already cooked and I freeze so I have it on hand) cut up sausageand sprinkle sausage and bacon over top.12 eggs1 c milkput shredded potatoes in casseroleadd cut up bacon and sausagemix the eggs and milk, add some pepper (salt not needed with the bacon and sausage)pour over the casserole and bake at 350 for an hour. you can add cheese to this, onions, green or hot peppers, whatever you have on hand, whatever you like. I stay away from the cheese, as I feel it only makes it salty and the bacon and sausage already salt it.

And one I also make a head of time allen and the boys love....
..sausage gravy with biscuits...just make the sausage gravy and put in a glass jar....make the biscuits and put in a paper bag and refrigerate..when ready to serve...just put two rolls on a plate, some sausage gravy over top and microwave about 1-2 min til hot.

this looks yummy for when you have guests....
although its not very nutritional, looks good. this one I have not tried yet, but will tonight.
Overnight Coffee Cake

1 small pkg. vanilla pudding mix (not instant)3/4 stick butter, melted1/2 cup brown sugar1/2 cup chopped pecans25 oz. bag frozen rolls (20 rolls)Combine dry pudding mix with brown sugar. Place pecan pieces in wellbuttered Bundt pan, then place frozen rolls on top of pecans. Pourmelted butter over frozen rolls and sprinkle with the pudding mix.Leave cake out overnight, covered. (Dough will rise.) Bake at 350for 30 minutes. Invert on serving plate right away.

No comments: